TOP 10 REASONS WHY WE EDUCATE CHILDREN AT CWAA!
- Our children hear the same message at home, church and school about Jesus and how to live like Him. As a result, they are more likely to make the decision to follow Jesus.
- When our children face temptation, they will have Christian teachers and peers to influence their choices.
- Our children are taught to view the world through God’s eyes.
- Our children are taught to build their values and beliefs on the Bible alone. They are taught that God loves them, God created the world and everything in it and He is in control.
- Our students are taught that Jesus Christ is coming back and what they do today makes a difference.
- Our children are taught to serve others – for the purpose of pleasing God – not man.
- Our children are free to worship God in spirit and in truth – every day – openly with their peers and teachers.
- Our school, teachers, students and families are blessed to have an extended family of support (constituent churches, a parent organization and dozens of donors that give generously and pray for our school.)
- Our students are prepared for post-secondary education – not for the purpose of getting a career so they can live comfortably in this world – but so they can live a life of service to Jesus Christ. We have a message to share and our students will grow up to share that message.
- Finally, our teachers and students start each day praying and worshiping together – leaning on the Best Teacher. They are single focused on following God’s pattern of education of His children.
I praise God that He has provided our children with a safe haven to be educated at Chinook Winds Adventist Academy. We are not a perfect people, nor a perfect school community. But we are seeking to be perfect in His ways and we are growing together as we experience the journey of educating children. We deeply rely upon God’s promise, “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.” (Psalms 32:8)
Chinook Winds Adventist Academy
GRADE 9 COOKIE CART SALES: The Grade 9 class is continuing to sell baked goods as a fundraiser for their year end celebration. Item prices are between 50 cents to $1.00. Thank you for your support!
- Elementary – Thursday Lunch time
- Secondary – Tuesday and Thursday Lunch time
GRADE 12 GRADUATION WEEKEND: CWAA’s graduating Class of 2018 invite you to attend their graduation ceremonies at Chinook Winds Adventist Academy on June 2ndand 3rd. TheConsecration Service begins at 6 pm on Sabbath, June 2; the Commencement Service begins at 12 noon on Sunday, June 3. Come join us for this special and memorable occasion!
SPRING MUSIC CONCERT: Please join us on Thursday, June 7that 7 pm, as CWAA’s Concert Choir and Concert Band (secondary music students) present their special performance at CWAA’s Spring Concert. All elementary students will be sharing their musical talents as they take part in this musical event. Save this date on your calendar … invite family and friends!
CWAA USED UNIFORM SALE: On Thursday, June 7th CWAA will hold a used uniform sale from the inventory on hand at the school. Please open the button below for more information on this sale.USED UNIFORM SALE
ELEMENTARY FIELD DAY: Our Elementary PE Teacher, Mrs. Dodds, is planning a FIELD DAY with all the elementary students from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 6. This will take placethe afternoon of Tuesday, June 19th. The purpose of this event is to encourage students to enjoy physical activity, be challenged to do something different, to learn cooperation skills with peers and students of different age groups, and to have a year-end celebration!
There will be a circuit of stations set up outside and the students will complete different physical activities at each station. Mrs. Dodds will need parent volunteers(with police-clearance on file) to help out with the following:
- Supervise/distribute at the water table
- Making signs for each station
- Setting up of stations and tearing down afterwards
- Coach or lead teams around the circuit
- Man one of the stations and explain the activity to the teams
- Time keeper – blows the whistle when it’s time to rotate
- And much, much more…
Please let her know (email@example.com) if you’re able to volunteer!
GRADES 7 – 12 FINAL EXAM SCHEDULE: Important reminders for Final Exams.
- Exam Weighting: All final exams are cumulative and will cover material from the beginning of the year. Grade 7-9 Finals will be weighted at 20% of the Term 4 grade. Grade 10 – 12 Final Exams will be weighted at 30% of the final grade.
- During exam and tutorial days all students must arrive at regular time (8:30 am).
- Students must remain in their classrooms for a minimum of 1 hour after the exam start time.
- Grades 10-12 students are allowed to leave the school after exams/tutorials are completed to go home and prepare for their next exam. Students who remain at school will be provided with a supervised room for quiet study.
- Tutorials for Grades 7-9 core classes (LA, SS, MATH, SCI) will be in the afternoons and will be optional attendance. Gr 7-9students will need written parental permission to leave the school.
- Regular uniforms are to be worn on all exam and tutorial days (except for Grade 12 students writing Diploma Exams).
- Early Noon Dismissal on June 22, 25, 26, 27, and 28. Buses will depart CWAA at 12:10 pm on these days.
Please open the button below to find our Final Exam Schedule for Grades 7-12 students.JUNE 2018 EXAM SCHEDULE
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES:
May 28-31 Outdoor School, Grades 5 & 6
May 31 Praying Parents meet in lobby 8:30 am
June 2 Grade 12 Graduation Consecration Service, 6 pm
June 3 Grade 12 Graduation Commencement Service, 12 noon
June 4 Grades 1-3 Field Trip to Calgary Zoo, 9:45 am
June 5 Grade 9 Year End Celebration 7 pm
June 7 Praying Parents meet in lobby 8:30 am
June 7 Used Uniform Sale 6 pm
June 7 K-12 Spring Concert 7 pm
June 8 Grade 6 Springbank Airport Field Trip
June 14 Praying Parents meet in lobby 8:30 am
June 14 Jr/Sr Kindergarten & Grade 10 Calgary Zoo Field Trip
June 15 Jr/Sr HighSpring Soccer Tournament, Lacombe, 9:30 am
June 16 CWAA Chorale & Praise Team to Strathmore SDA Church
June 18 School Board Meeting 7 pm
June 19 Elementary Sports Field Day (afternoon)
June 19 Jr Kindergarten Year End Celebration
June 20 Grade 6 Year End Celebration, 6:30 pm
June 20-28 Secondary Final Exams Week
June 21 Grades 1-4 Calaway Park Trip
June 22 Last Day for Elementary Students
June 26 Elementary Report Cards & Awards Ceremony 7 pm
June 28 Secondary Report Cards & Awards Ceremony 7 pm
Change happens. It is simply a part of life. Different parties come to political power. The weather changes as the seasons come and go. People move away. We make new friends. We sometimes lose someone dear to us. But as Christians, there is one reality that does not change – Jesus loves us! Never lose sight of our unchanging Saviour!
“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.” (Hebrews 13:8 NLT)
Chinook Winds Adventist Academy