ELEMENTARY SPORTS FIELD DAY: Our Elementary PE Teacher, Mrs. Dodds, is planning a SPORTS FIELD DAY with all elementary students from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 6. This will take place on the afternoon of Tuesday, June 19th with elementary students taking part in various physical activities while enjoying a year-end celebration! This is a casual dress day for all elementary students.
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL FOR GRADE 1 – GRADE 9: Friday, June 22ndis the last day of school for Grade 1 – Grade 9 students. There will be noon dismissal on that day. Thank you for being prompt in picking up your children. Buses will depart at 12:10 pm and students who ride the bus will arrive early to their bus stops.
CASUAL DRESS DAY: Friday, June 22nd, is a casual dress day for all CWAA students and staff. Please note that this will not be a ‘Food Bank Friday’ (food bank donations will begin again in the fall).
ELEMENTARY AWARDS CEREMONY: On Friday evening, June 22nd, at 6:30 pm an Awards Ceremony will be held for all students in Jr Kindergarten – Grade 6. Elementary Report Cards will be handed out at this ceremony. Plan to attend!
EL SALVADOR MISSION PROJECT: In the month of July one of our teachers, Ms. Juana Galdamez, will be traveling to El Salvador on a mission project – to provide children’s programs in a remote village (Vacation Bible Studies). As a school, we would like to support Ms. Galdamez by sending supplies to help her run this program.
If you would like to support this mission project, please send the following supplies to school, according to your child’s class by Wednesday, June 20.
SUGGESTED SUPPLIES LIST:
- JK/SK: Stickers
- Gr. 1: popsicle sticks, large wooden/plastic clothesline pins
- Gr. 2: yarn, dental floss
- Gr. 3: cotton balls, pom poms, feathers, googly eyes
- Gr. 4: tooth paste
- Gr. 5: Play-Doh, foam sheets (rainbow colors)
- Gr. 6: paintbrushes, tempura paint
- Gr. 7: tooth brushes
- Gr. 8: glue (stick, liquid, fabric, wood)
- Gr. 9: pencil crayons, erasers
- Gr. 10: pens, pencils, pencil sharpeners
- Gr. 11: construction paper
- Gr. 12: color markers
Thank you for your support of this important mission project!
GRADES 7 – 12 FINAL EXAM SCHEDULE: Important reminders for Final Exams.
- Exam Weighting: All final exams are cumulative and will cover material from the beginning of the year. Grade 7-9 Finals will be weighted at 20% of the Term 4 grade. Grade 10 – 12 Final Exams will be weighted at 30% of the final grade.
- During exam and tutorial days all students must arrive at regular time (8:30 am).
- Students must remain in their classrooms for a minimum of 1 hour after the exam start time.
- Grades 10-12 students are allowed to leave the school after exams/tutorials are completed to go home and prepare for their next exam. Students who remain at school will be provided with a supervised room for quiet study.
- Tutorials for Grades 7-9 core classes (LA, SS, MATH, SCI) will be in the afternoons and will be optional attendance. Gr 7-9 students will need written parental permission to leave the school.
- Regular uniforms are to be worn on all exam and tutorial days (except for Grade 12 students writing Diploma Exams).
- Early Noon Dismissal on June 22, 25, 26, 27, and 28. Buses will depart CWAA at 12:10 pm on these days.
Please open the button below to find our Final Exam Schedule for Grades 7-12 students.JUNE 2018 EXAM SCHEDULE
SECONDARY AWARDS CEREMONY: On Wednesday evening, June 27th, at 6:30 pm an Awards Ceremony will be held for all students in Grade 7 – Grade 12. Secondary Report Cards will be handed out at this ceremony. Plan to attend!
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES:
June 14 Praying Parents meet in lobby 8:30 am
June 14 Jr/Sr Kindergarten & Grade 10 Calgary Zoo Field Trip
June 15 Jr/Sr HighSpring Soccer Tournament, Lacombe 7 am – 9 pm
June 16 CWAA Chorale & Praise Team to Strathmore SDA Church
June 18 School Board Meeting, 7pm
June 19 Elementary Sports Field Day (afternoon)
June 19 Jr Kindergarten Year End Celebration, 10am – 12 pm
June 20 Grade 6 Year End Celebration, 6:30 pm
June 20-28 Secondary Final Exams Week
June 21 Grades 1-4 Calaway Park Trip
June 22 Last Day for Gr 1 – Gr 9 Students with 12 noon dismissal
June 22 Elementary Report Cards & Awards Ceremony, 6:30 pm
June 27 Secondary Report Cards & Awards Ceremony, 6:30 pm
When we obey Jesus’ call to come to Him and to follow Him, we can trust that He will be there for us!
“When trouble comes upon us, how often we are like Peter! We look upon the waves, instead of keeping our eyes fixed upon the Saviour. Our footsteps slide, and the proud waters go over our souls. Jesus did not bid Peter come to Him that he should perish; He does not call us to follow Him, and then forsake us.” (Ellen White, The Desire of Ages, 382)
“But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you. O Israel, the one who formed you says, “Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.” (Isaiah 43:1–2 NLT)
Listen to Him. Follow Him. Trust Him.
Chinook Winds Adventist Academy