CWAA has an active inter-school athletic program (Calgary Independent Schools Athletic Association) which enables students to develop their athletic skills and experience healthy team participation. Each year, over 50% of our Grades 7- 12 students participate in athletic teams that compete against private schools similar in size across the city of Calgary. Athletic teams participate in volleyball, soccer, basketball, badminton, flag football, floor hockey, track and field, etc. Senior high students are given the opportunity to participate in a number of out-of-town tournaments. Student eligibility to participate in the athletic program is based on the following requirements:
- Parental approval
- Payment of all fees including a deposit on sports uniform*
- Regular attendance and punctuality to classes
- Maintaining passing grades in all subjects
- Promote good school citizenship and school spirit
- Good sportsmanship – respectful and polite communication with all coaches/officials/fellow athletes and team players.
- Be a good ambassador of CWAA, family and church
- Commitment to the Student Code of Conduct both on and off the ‘court’.
*Athletic refunds will not be issued to students who are removed from a sports team due to disciplinary action. Refunds will only be issued in the case of injury and on a pro-rated basis.