WELCOME BACK FROM SPRING BREAK!
EASTER WEEKEND SCHOOL SCHEDULE – Many people are asking about the strange Easter Weekend holiday! Indeed it is strange! Please mark your calendar for the following important dates!
- Friday, April 18 – NO school for students and staff (Good Friday holiday)
- Monday, April 21 – Regular school for students and staff (because of our 2-week long spring break, we did not take an additional day off on April 21)
- Tuesday, April 22 – NO school for students (Alberta Conference-wide Professional Day for all teachers)
STUDENT-LED CONFERENCES – Thank you to all our parents who came out before Spring Break to attend our Student – Led Conferences! In total we had 38 families attend (this is 32% of our families). It was wonderful to have each of you here to listen, acknowledge your child’s effort and growth, and ask questions of your child! May our students continue to build their confidence in their abilities and talents! We are privileged to have each of your children in our school!
2014-2015 CWAA REGISTRATION CONTINUES – Thank you to all parents who have submitted Re-Registration packages! We received a good number of packages today! For your information, Grades 1-12 class sizes will be capped at 24 students and our 4-day Kindergarten program will be capped at 20 students. We value your partnership and welcome your feedback and suggestions on how we can serve you and your children better. If you have any questions about the application or application process, please do not hesitate to contact the following individuals:
- General Application Questions: Receptionists Lyn Salango or Shawney Dobbin at (403) 286-5686 ext. 101 or email@example.com.
- Financial Questions: Business Manager, Venita Elkow at (403) 286-5686 ext 102 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Administrative Questions: Principal Lara Melashenko at (403) 286-5686 ext. 103 or email@example.com.
ELEMENTARY SWIMMING: Swimming Evaluation Cards will be sent home with your student this week. Please watch their backpack for this information.
ABSENCE PROCEDURES: This is a reminder that if your child is going to be absent from school, parents are asked to contact the office with absence information (and not just homeroom teacher). Our Receptionists enter attendance information for all relevant teachers to access. (The homeroom teacher does not have access to other teacher’s class attendance.) Thank you for your help in this matter!
MARCH CONSTITUENCY MEETING TURN OUT – Thank you to all parents who came out to our Constituency Meeting on March 20. We were delighted to see so many people come out to share in the reports about life at CWAA! Thank you for continuing to support our school!
CWAA’S FRIEND DAY – On Friday, May 16, 2014 CWAA will be holding it’s annual Friend Day! Last year this event was a great success in providing an opportunity for non-CWAA students to share an authentic experience at CWAA. CWAA students who bring a friend must RSVP to the school office (and include parent, pick up and medical information) by Wednesday, May 14. The Friend Day will begin at 8:30 and end at 1:20 p.m. Please encourage your children to bring a friend to CWAA Friend Day (see advertisement attached).
LOST AND FOUND – Please be sure to check the lost and found for your child’s missing items! All unclaimed items will be donated to the local second-hand clothing store on Friday!
GRADE 9 COOKIE SALE FUNDRAISER: Elementary: Tuesdays at lunchtime. Junior and Senior High: Tuesday and Thursday during their lunchtime. The prices are $.25 to $1.00. All proceeds will go towards the Grade 9 ‘End of Year Celebration’.
MUSIC DEPARTMENT: continues to fundraise for their upcoming trip to Los Angeles in May:
1. Bottle Drive – Students will be going door to door in their community in March to collect recyclables. Parents, community members, church members and staff, please consider sending your recyclable bottles to the school to help raise money for our students to attend this trip.
2. Cookie Dough – We have about 17 tubs of assorted varieties available at the school. Each tub makes approx. 5 dozen cookies and costs $15. Thank you in advance for supporting the CWAA Music Department. Please see Rachel Miranda at the school or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Get your cookie dough today!
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES:
Apr 10 LA 10 Field Trip to Cochrane Ranch House
Apr 10 Kindergarten Graduation Photos
Apr 10 Health Nurse to administer Grade 5 & 9 vaccinations
Apr 12 Concert Choir to Bridgeland SDA Church
Here is your Alberta Conference Education Newsletter for this month.
“The LORD is my strength and my song; he has given me victory. Songs of joy and victory are sung in the camp of the godly. The strong right arm of the LORD has done glorious things! The strong right arm of the LORD is raised in triumph. The strong right arm of the LORD has done glorious things!” (Psalms 118:14–16 NLT).
Take some time to celebrate God’s victories and blessings in your life and allow God’s joy to be the song of your heart today!
Pastor Brent Wilson