CWAA BUS: Bus drivers are requesting that parents leaving the school yield to buses coming up the hill. Please obey the yield sign at the top of the parking lot.
RE-REGISTRATION CONTINUES: Thank you to all parents who have submitted Re-Registration packages! We are looking forward to seeing all re-registration packages return to CWAA by this Friday, June 19, as this will enable us to effectively plan for our 2015-2016 school year. If you require any additional admission forms, please visit our website or call the office. Please see the button below for current class registrations.
ELEMENTARY AWARDS CEREMONY – All elementary students, parents, and family members are invited to come out and celebrate the achievements of our Elementary students during this past school year at our Elementary Awards Ceremony on Wednesday, June 24, 2015 at 6:15 p.m.
SECONDARY AWARDS CEREMONY – All secondary students, parents, and family members are invited to come out and celebrate the achievements of our Secondary students during this past school year at our Secondary Awards Ceremony on Friday, June 26, 2015 at 6:15 p.m.
FOOD BANK FRIDAY: This Friday June 19 is a Casual Dress Friday. We ask that each student and staff bring a canned or packaged food item to be donated to the Calgary Food Bank. Let’s end the year off with a generous donation to our local Food Bank!
2015-2016 STAFF CHANGES
- Buhia (Grade 1 Teacher) gave birth to a beautiful, 6 lb, 10 oz, 20 inches long baby boy, Zaivier Eli Buhia on May 29, 2015 at 5:49 a.m.! Welcome Zaivier to our Staff Family!
- Brandi Mills (Grade 8 Homeroom Teacher) will be leaving CWAA to move back to Lacombe with her husband, Matt, and teach at College Heights Christian School. Mrs. Mills has made lasting impact on the hearts and minds of her students and has contributed to a strengthening of our Junior High Humanities program. We will miss your enthusiasm, passion, kindness & humor.
- Harton (Librarian) will not be returning to the position of Librarian next school year. Thank you Mrs. Harton for your awesome support in the delivery of library services to our Kindergarten to Grade 9 students as well as coordinating our Reading Program. You will be greatly missed!
- Karen Schofield (Before and After School Care Provider) will be leaving CWAA to pursue a great job opportunity that no longer allows her to work the hours of our Before and After School Care program. We would like to sincerely thank Ms. Schofield for her dedicated care of our students for the past two years. She has been a wonderful behind-the-scenes support – in opening the school faithfully each and every day and providing care for our young students. Karen, you will be greatly missed! (Mrs. Val Robertson will be taking over Mrs. Schofield’s position.)
- We are thrilled to share that Ms. Anna Goltz has accepted the Grade 1 Maternity Leave Teaching position for the 2015-2016 school year! We praise God for His answer to prayer!
- Over the summer Ms. Knopp will be getting married to Byron (July 12, 2015) and returning to CWAA as Mrs. Anderson! Congratulations Ms. Knopp!
Please take the time to share your gratitude and well wishes to each of our staff members who have invested a tremendous amount into our school community. We wish all staff members God’s richest blessing as they pursue God’s dreams and plans for their lives.
THANK YOU TO OUR VOLUNTEERS! On behalf of the Staff and Board, we would like to say a BIG thank you to all parents who have generously offered their time on a regular basis to help make our school a better place during the 2014-2015 school year! Thank you for making a huge difference in our classrooms, hallways, gyms, field trips and community-at-large! We look forward to another GREAT year of partnering with you during 2015-2016!
POLICE INFORMATION CHECK FOR VOLUNTEERS: We’re very happy to announce that all parents now have the convenience of applying on-line for their Police Clearance Check with ePIC (the electronic Police Information Check online system). Applicants will be able to share their completed Police Information Check results with CWAA because we are a registered Agency with ePIC. Once you have given permission for CWAA to receive access we will be able to track applicant results. For more information and to apply on-line please go to www.policeinformationcheck.calgarypolice.ca Our Volunteer policy as stated in the CWAA Handbook reads:
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM – Volunteers compliment, assist and partner with our staff in virtually all aspects of CWAA. We value this contribution greatly and strive to offer our volunteers a productive and rewarding experience. It is our desire that all our families participate in some form of volunteering throughout the year. Volunteers are expected to have submitted a current (within the past two years) Police Information Check prior to volunteering. The Police Information Check will only be utilized for the purpose of minimizing the risk of harm to students. All information is kept strictly confident and will be used only for the purposes of this volunteer application.
CWAA keeps Police Clearance Checks on file for two years from the date of issue. If you’re not sure if you have a valid Police Check on file please contact the school office at 403-286-5686 or e-mail email@example.com.
CWAA IS HIRING AN EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT with strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to work effectively with children with special needs and work collaboratively alongside education professionals. This individual must possess experience working with special needs students, possess an Educational Assistant Certificate (or an equivalent level of experience), be a committed SDA Christian, and be able to submit a Criminal Record Check. Please send resumes with references to Principal Lara Melashenko at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403-286-5686.
CWAA IS HIRING A LIBRARIAN TECHNICIAN with strong interpersonal and communication skills, a passion for literacy and reading, the ability to work effectively with children and work collaboratively alongside education professionals. The Librarian Technician provides services and specialized resources and reference information to students and teachers. This individual must possess experience working in a school setting, possess a one or two year Library and Information Technology diploma (or an equivalent level of experience), be a committed SDA Christian, and be able to submit a Criminal Record Check. Please send resumes with references to Principal Lara Melashenko at email@example.com or call 403-286-5686.
UPDATE ON THE DRIVEWAY REPAIRS: We are pleased to report that the parking lot renovations will continue in the month of July. The CWAA Board has secured a contract with a paving company to ensure the driveway (leading up from the entrance) is repaired and the parking gravel patches will be paved. Additionally, we will be placing curbing around the periphery of the parking lot. We want to thank all parents for their patience (and vehicle endurance) as we have sought the very best solution for our school.
GRADE 9 CLASS FUNDRAISER: Selling “Baked Goods & Frozen Treats” Tuesday to Elementary students and Tuesday & Thursday to Junior/Senior High students.
LAST DAY OF SCHOOOL: Grades K to 8, 10, 11 and 12 will begin summer break on Wednesday, June 24 at 12 noon. Buses will depart at 12:10. Parents, thank you for your promptness in picking up your children that day.
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES:
June 16, 17 Calgary Food Bank Volunteer Service Opportunities
June 15 CWAA Board Meeting 7pm
June 12 -24 Secondary Final Exams
June 18 Kindergarten Field Trip to Calgary Zoo
June 18 Grades 1 – 3 Discovery Wildlife Park Field Trip
June 18 Grade 9 Year End Celebration 7-9 pm
June 22 Grades 1 – 3 Calaway Park Field Trip
June 20 High School Choir and Grade 9 Boys at Parkdale Church
June 24 Elementary Report Cards sent home
June 24 Last Day of School Grades K – 8, 10, 11 and 12 (noon dismissal)
June 24 Elementary Awards Ceremony 7 pm
June 25 Grade 9 Noon Dismissal
June 26 Grade 9 Noon Dismissal
June 26 Secondary Report Cards home
June 26 Secondary Awards Ceremony 7 pm